Suggestions for your engagement session
- Engagement sessions last about an hour and a half, and I usually schedule to start the session two hours before sunset, so we can have a good mix of light, or early morning also works great.
- While I have a lot of favorite spots to shoot at, I am always up for finding new, unique spots. Consider a location that fits your personality. (nature, urban, artsy/colorful, etc)
- You can have up to two outfits, and I recommend bringing some accessories. (see what to wear guide below for details)
- If you have trouble finding outfits, pinterest.com is a great source of inspiration!
- Please coordinate colors and style with your partner.
- It is always a good idea to get your make-up and hair professionally done for the session. A good make-up artist will know how to flatter your features for the camera and you will look and feel that much more amazing during session. I would even recommend using this time to do a test run with your wedding day hair and make-up artist!
- You can bring props if you want – something that might make your session more personal and unique. From colorful balloons to your pet, I will be up for anything.
- Remember to be playful and have fun at the session. The more natural and comfortable you are with each other and your photographer, the more the images will be a true reflection of your relationship. hold hands… laugh… and kiss a lot!
- Book early. While we have many mid-week dates available throughout the year, however, if you can only do weekends for your session due to your work schedules, I recommend booking early. Available weekend dates are limited and book up quickly.
What to Wear Guide
Here is pairing guide for what you can wear. Please always remember to coordinate colors rather than trying to match colors.
For the ladies
- Detailed Top + Simple Bottom (Skirts, pants)
- Solid Top + Printed Bottom (skirts, pants)
- Dress (detailed, printed, solid)
- Dress + A Top Over Dress + Belt
- Dress + A Collared Top Underneath
- Optional Outerwear: Cardigan, Belt, Scarf, Hair Piece, Tights
- Details: Jewelry, Belt, Scarf, Hair Piece, Tights
For the Gentlemen
- Dress Shirt (solid or printed) + Bottom (pants or shorts)
- A Henley, Polo, Nice T-Shirt + Bottom (pants or shorts)
- Sweater + Pants
- Suit Set
- Optional Outerwear: Blazers, Cardigans, Jackets, Coats, Vests
- Details: Tie, Bowtie, Suspenders, Hat